Budget Car HireBook your Budget car rental online
Find Cheap Car Rental with Budget Car Hire in South Africa
Budget Car Hire offers affordable car rental options across South Africa and beyond. At Car Hire South Africa, we make it possible for travellers to find the best car hire deals from leading car hire brands such as Budget. Simply use our car hire search feature to find, compare, book and pay for the best Budget Car Rentals at your chosen travel destination.
What’s Behind Budget Car Hire?
Budget Car Hire first made it onto the market in 1958 in Los Angeles, USA. Morris Mirkin started the company with a $10 000 initial investment. The business targeted value and budget conscious travellers looking for an affordable and reliable way to travel, for both business and leisure. The company started with just 10 cars and was to compete as an off-airport car hire company with just Morris and his wife at the fore.
Today Budget Car Hire has grown to include branches across the world and employs over 18 000 people. The Budget Car Hire fleet is in excess of 200 000 cars and branches can be found in 3 150 locations in 120 countries, including South Africa.
It was Pam and Ken Levy who helped the Budget brand enter the South African market in 1967 when they ran the very first Budget Car Rental South Africa branch from the garage at their Durban home. In 2015, the brand signed an agreement and became part of the Avis Budget brand under the umbrella of Barloworld Ltd. Avis and Budget have been in partnership for the last 45 years.
The Services Offered by Budget Car Hire in South Africa Today
Budget Rent a Car offers travellers various options when making their booking. Customers can collect and drop off their cars at the same location or collect and drop off at different locations. Budget Car Hire South Africa will always go the extra mile for its customer planning car hire packages to suit the budget and travel needs of a broad scope of travellers.
When making a Budget Car Rental booking, customers are encouraged to consider the various weekend hire specials, international traveller discounts and the various super waiver and insurance options that are available to them. Young drivers under the age of 25 are often charged a surcharge.
Budget Car Hire’s Fleet
Budget Rent a Car offers rental options from sporty and zippy to spacious people carriers. Budget has the following car hire groups for you to consider:
- Group A: Hyundai i10 or similar
- Group B: Ford Fiesta or similar
- Group C: Toyota Corolla Quest or similar
- Group D: Hyundai Accent Hatch or similar
- Group E: Toyota Corolla Quest Automatic or similar
- Group F: Audi A3 Sedan or similar
- Group G: BMW 3-series Auto or similar
- Group H: Mercedes Benz C-class Auto or similar
- Group I: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 Auto or similar
- Group J: BMW 5-Series Auto or similar
- Group K: Toyota Rav 4x2 Auto or similar
- Group L: Nissan X Trail 4x4 Auto or similar
- Group M: Ford Eco-sport or similar
- Group N: Hyundai H1 Diesel or similar
- Group O: Toyota Avanza or similar
- Group P: VW Polo TS B Plus or similar
Customers are requested to advise consultants on the features that they require before making bookings. These include air bags, car booster seats, central locking, power steering, air conditioning, radio and so on.
What You Need to Know When Hiring a Car from Budget Car Rental
Below are a few conditions to know about when renting a car from Budget Car Hire:
- A second driver may only drive the hired car if they have been added as an additional driver when making the booking.
- If you are going to return the vehicle later than expected, there will be a charge per 24 hours after the agreed return date and time. Budget Car Hire offers a flexible 29-minute grace period with returns.
- Several airports require a location surcharge to be paid by car hire customers. Not all airports require this and Budget Car Hire will advise travellers of the fee on booking.
Airports Where Budget Car Hire Can Be Found
Travellers can find a Budget Car Hire branch at leading airports across the country including (but not limited to) the following:
- OR Tambo Airport (Gauteng)
- Cape Town International Airport (Western Cape)
- King Shaka International Airport (Durban, KZN)
- Port Elizabeth Airport (Eastern Cape)
- Lanseria Airport (Gauteng)
- Kruger Mpumalanga Airport (Skukuza)
- East London Airport (Eastern Cape).
- East Gate Airport (Hoedspruit)
- Phalaborwa Airport (Limpopo)
Optional Extras Offered By Budget Car Hire
When renting a car from Budget Car Hire, you will be offered the following optional extras:
- Mobile data (1 gig per day with a mobile router for the duration of your hire)
- Child safety seats / booster seats
Book with Budget Car Hire at Major Airports in South Africa
To find, book and compare the cheapest car hire options in South Africa, make use of our online car hire search feature. Search according to your budget and travel preferences. Book your car hire package with Car Hire South Africa today.
Budget Car Hire Reviews – See What Our Customers Are Saying!