Book Europe car rental with Car Hire South Africa
While Europcar is a prominent car hire company in South Africa, it is actually a French born company that was founded in 1949 in Paris. Europcar hire as we know it did not always trade under its name. In fact, when it was started up by Raoul-Louis Mattei, it traded as The Automobile Subscription. It only became known as Europe car in 1951.
In early 1970 the company was sold to Renault and later in 1999, it became the property of Volkswagen. That wasn’t the end of transfers of ownership for Europcar as in 2006 the investment company Eurazeo bought the company from VW.
Europcar Car Hire can be found operating in 140 different countries in Africa, Asia, America and Europe. In South Africa, Europcar is owned and operated by the Imperial Group Ltd.
Europe car hire in South Africa
Europcar Hire South Africa has won the award of Africa’s Leading Car Hire Company at the World Travel Awards for 6 years in a row. The company currently has over 16 000 vehicles in its African fleet and operates from 120 locations in Southern Africa alone.
Globally, the company has over 220 000 vehicles in its fleet and operates from more than 3 000 locations. This particular car hire company also has an ISO9001 (2008) accreditation and is a member of the SA Vehicle and Leasing Association.
Europcar’s Partnerships and Agreements in South Africa
In order to better serve and reward its customers, Europcar has partnerships with a variety of service providers in the travel industry. These include the likes of South African Airways (SAA), Discovery Vitality, Kulula and Southern Sun.
The Services and Products Offered by Europcar
Europcar Hire offers a variety of car rental solutions including custom fleet solutions, vehicle delivery and collection, same place collection and drop off rentals, different place collection and drop off rentals, touring services and chauffeur services. When hiring a vehicle from Europcar you can expect 24-hour roadside assistance and access to a 24-hour call centre to be a standard part of the rental package.
Rewards and Conveniences Offered by Europcar
Europcar Hire is part of the Privilege Loyalty Programme which offers renters a variety of benefits including upgrades, reduced rates, reservation guarantees and access to partner benefits. Customers can access these rewards after their first rental. The programme offers a number of tiers which can be climbed depending on how often the customer rents. Customers can apply to be part of the programme online or at a Europcar rental branch worldwide.
Europcar Car Hire Fleet in South Africa
Europcar Hire offers a broad range of car hire options to cater to a variety of budgets in 3 categories: small, medium and large. In South Africa, the following cars are available for hire at airport based Europcar branches:
- Small cars: Kia Picanto 1.0, Ford Fiesta 1.4 and similar
- Medium cars: Hyundai Accent 1.6, Kia Rio 1.4, Audi A3 1.4, Polo Vivo GP 1.4, Mercedes CLA 200, Toyota Avanza 1.5, Renault Duster 1.6 and similar
- Large cars: Hyundai H1, Renault Duster 1.5, Nissan X-Trail 2.0, Ford Ranger 2.2 D/C, Ford Ranger 2.2 S/C, Toyota Quantum 10 Seater, Hyundai Tucson 2.0, Toyota Fortuner 2.4 or similar
Customers can choose vehicles according to price or various other aspects such as power steering, transmission, air conditioning, number of doors, radio, safety features and fuel economy. Specials can often be found on daily rates, free kms and more.
Airports Where Europcar Branches Can Be Found
Europcar branches can be found at the following airports in South Africa:
- Free State: Bloemfontein Airport
- Eastern Cape: Port Elizabeth Airport, East London Airport and Umtata Airport
- Gauteng: O.R Tambo Airport and Lanseria Airport
- KwaZulu Natal: Pietermaritzburg Airport, King Shaka Airport, Margate Airport and Richards Bay Airport
- Mpumalanga: Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport and Malelane Airport
- Northern Cape: Kimberley Airport and Upington Airport
- Western Cape: Cape Town International Airport and George Airport
The company also has various city located branches throughout South Africa.
Optional Extras and Insurance Offered By Europcar
When renting a car from Europcar in South Africa, you will be offered the following optional extras:
- 24-hour roadside assistance
- Drive baggage insurance
- Fly, drive and stay baggage insurance
- Personal accident insurance
- Tyre and windscreen cover
- GPS rentals
- Hand controlled steering
- Portable bicycle rack hire
- Protective window film
Book Europcar at Major Airports in South Africa
Use our car hire search feature to find the lowest priced car rentals with Europcar in South Africa. Book your next Europcar rental with Car Hire South Africa and save today.
Europcar Reviews – See What Our Customers Are Saying!
LEAVE A REVIEW – CLICK HERE